thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 0:26:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

It is a strange thing, to be challenging a gym as Gavin Merlino rather than Patrick Cavalli. He had still signed up under his alias, of course, for records of this battle could be nothing but clean.[break][break]

He and Katherine, though, they know the truth.[break][break]

As he walks, his footsteps echo and his reflection warps through the mirrors, an unsettling atmosphere. He is vain enough for it not to bother him, and his eyes find his Rocket cohort in the gym's center. He chuckles, low.[break][break]

"What an interesting setup you've opted for."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 1:18:44 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥
[attr="class","katherine"]
She didn't recognize the name at first. It sounded familiar, but she chose to pay it no mind until Gavin's arrival.

"Ga- Patrick." Katherine almost slips up and calls her boss, her real boss, by his real name. Oops. "It's nice seeing you again." He compliments the gym, her new home, and she can't help but thank him with a genuine smile.

"Yes, I like it a lot. I was given a good budget to work with." The league recognized her talent and chose to reward it, she convinced herself. But it probably had more to do with Walsh.

When they enter the arena, a Sableye is there to greet the both of them. "Oh, you're already here, Amethyst. Good." The second pokemon is sent out from their Pokeball, a Metagross that manages to stand on the mirror floor without shattering it.

"So... Are you enjoying your new toy?" Kat was famous for being direct and never beating around the bush. This hasn't changed.

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 1:30:22 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Gavin's laughter is softer, now.[break][break]

"No need to keep up appearances when there's no one watching."[break][break]

Perhaps it could be considered good practice, but he feels more relaxed in this setting than he had in all the league battles he'd taken part in. He does not trust in anyone, but he chooses to rely upon the assumption that Kat is no traitor.[break][break]

He doesn't have to ask which toy she refers to. The beast ball is heavy at his hip, concealed. He takes two regular Pokeballs from his belt and tosses them gently, revealing his Lucario and Cradily. Katherine's Metagross elicits a small smile; it's no secret he's fond of steel-types.[break][break]

"I don't see it as a toy." It was power given form, shadows given life. "I am still... exploring its potential. Have you made peace with your new friend?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 1:47:39 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
She would have agreed with him if it wasn't for the cameras her gym was riddled with.

They served several purposes: she could rally information about future threats to their organization, but the league also required the same tapes she provided the Rocket with. Perhaps they were keeping an eye on things as well. "No, not exactly. My only meeting with it was brief." She said hello to it once and was given a response in the form of an exploding head.

It caused her no harm: but like most ghosts, the clown enjoyed startling people.

Speaking of ghosts, Amethyst is quick to jump into action. Sableye's ability, PRANKSTER allows her to move before the rest of them. She conjures an orb of blue fire and directs it at Cradily, intent on inflicting a burn on the fossil pokemon.

Metagross is slower than its partner in crime. It attempts to close the distance between the Lucario and itself and deliver a powerful HAMMER ARM to his face.

"How violent is it?"

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 2:05:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"I've not had the pleasure, though it did nearly kill me at Littleroot."[break][break]

Dominic made little secret of his mockery for Gavin and Emma's lack of presence at ground zero: truth was, they'd been struggling just above, fighting for their lives as their own allies neglected to inform them of the plan.[break][break]

Hopefully, Declan would bring order to such chaos.[break][break]

"Endure it," he directs.[break][break]

Though the Sableye moves quick enough that Gavin's Cradily couldn't protect itself if it tried, Gavin's command saves its energy by negating the effort. The burn lands, embers curling around the fossil's eerie appendages.[break][break]

In a show of its own EXTREME SPEED, Lucario leaps clear of the Metagross' assault.[break][break]

Gavin primarily directs his Pokemon with hand signals and the occasional whistle. It's a habit formed from a frequent need to remain discreet.
[break][break]
While the Sableye is close, Cradily spits a gob of TOXIC ooze at its ghostly foe.[break][break]

"Towards me? Not at all." A smirk curls at the edge of his lips. "I've subjected few others to its presence. You're welcome to be one of the first." It's not a threat, more a genuine offer. "After this, of course. And only if I get to meet your explosive friend."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 2:24:15 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Explosions were unlikely to occur in this battle, but Sableye insisted on giving a show that could rival one of a Blacephalon.

She recognizes poison and she knows how to avoid it. A blinding light engulfs both the pokemon and a particular gem that's been attached to a piece of Katherine's jewelry. Her ankle bracelet sheds some light inside the arena as well. When this spectacle of lights finally comes to a finish, a new mirror is revealed.

Sableye's gem had parted from its chest and grew into a fully-sized crystal the mega-evolved pokemon could wield as a weapon.

Along with this new appearance and the strange power it was granted, a new ability was at the pokemon's disposal: MAGIC BOUNCE. It ensures that the TOXIC results with failure, merely slipping upon the exterior of the ruby crystal.

"Beautiful."

Her boss or not, Gavin had plenty of experience. If he truly cared for this badge, he'll have to earn it.

The Sableye waits a moment before blowing an ICY WIND at both of her opponents, intent on not only harming them - but also slowing the Lucario enough so the Metagross lands its HAMMER ARM.

"Ah, that sounds lovely. I still need to figure out what it's like... I only know it likes to perform, really."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 17:11:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Gavin watches with curiosity and interest as the Sableye changes forme. A mega-evolution.[break][break]

"You didn't tell me you had a mega-stone." Rather than accusatory, Gavin's tone is light. "A shame — I might've chosen differently had I known that was on the table."[break][break]

He was becoming somewhat of a collector, himself.[break][break]

The icy winds seem to have a particular effect on the Cradily, though Lucario withstands it without much trouble. Speed is not Cradily's concern; the eerie creature simply digs in its roots, INGRAINING itself into the arena.[break][break]

Lucario, however, sees its movement slowed. Hammer Arm connects, and the dual-type strikes back with a DRAINING PUNCH of its own.
[break][break]
"It certainly made quite the entrance during the new year, or so I've heard." A shame he'd missed out. He'd been conducting other business, hadn't been close enough to get there in time. "I've yet to discern Lugia's nature beyond its expected aggression."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 18:38:12 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"I have a couple." There were a couple of gems attached to her bracelet.

"And I was given a new one by the League when I took the job." Her expression wears a genuine smile— Katherine truly enjoyed the fact that not only she was being paid by both the league and rocket, she was also a promotion gift from each organization. She imagined that this is how a kid with divorced parents felt like.

"Four badges are half of what our region has to offer, you know? I have to at least try a little." Just enough so it's a real challenge, but not too much so she doesn't hurt her boss's ego.

The Lucario's attack fails to put a real dent in Metagross's defenses. Cradily's INGRAIN manages to draw the attention of both of Katherine's partners. The idea of allowing the pokemon to nurse itself back to health is one they're willing to entertain, if only due to the fact that it's easier to focus on the Lucario instead.

Sableye blows another ICY WIND, intent on harming both of its opponents all while slowing the Lucario down again. Metagross, however, inches closer and attempts to execute a second HAMMER ARM against other steel-type.

"My Dusknoir is the same. He's been angry ever since the procedure." Her shoulders roll backward into a shrug, "I still haven't figured out how to deal with his new ability. Could you help me with that?"

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 18:47:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

He likes that she doesn't go easy on him. Gavin thinks it would wound his pride less to lose than to be allowed to win.[break][break]

"Playing both sides of the field, hm?" He grins. "That's why I like you."[break][break]

Mr. Cavalli, after all, was doing much of the same. Cradily PROTECTS itself against the frigid air while Lucario builds up an AURA SPHERE to blast the Metagross — a special attack that could not miss. The dual-type is hurting, but resilient. The earlier draining punch had restored some amount of his energy.[break][break]

Cradily's roots invigorate it, as well.[break][break]

"Sandslash tried to kill me the moment I released it outside of the chamber." Gavin's smile is humourless, almost sad. "But I've taken to studying the unfortunate creatures, so yes, I'll do what I can to help."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 19:05:03 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"As long as it pays off, why not?"

Katherine was in it for the money— but she'd never say no to power. Not when she knows the importance of it in their region.

Metagross tanks the AURA SPHERE without moving an inch, sturdy in its position. "Move together," The gym-leader instructs her pokemons, and they happen to know exactly what she means. Metagross lifts itself off of the ground through sheer psychic power, and its head begins to glow with a faint blue hue. On the other side of the battlefield, Sableye's crystal begins to shine the same light.

They both rush towards the Lucario with the intent of slamming into him. One with its head, one with his crystallized weapon. Two ZEN HEADBUTTS occurring all at once, it's an assault from both fronts.

"I would have been okay with that. It'd be easier to handle anger. But..." How is she supposed to say 'it opened a portal to a different dimension' without sounding like an idiot? "I worry about his power. It's a double-edged sword."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 20:25:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

A pincer attack. Interesting.[break][break]

As the two converge upon his Lucario, Gavin waits until the last second to direct his Pokemon with a quick signal. Utilizing its EXTREMESPEED once more, it leaps skyward in the hopes that its foes will crash into one another, instead.[break][break]

Cradily, meanwhile, seeks to leech nutrients from the Sableye. GIGA DRAIN sees the creature's eyes glow from beneath its eerie hood, tentacles waving in an invisible breeze.[break][break]

Though his eyes are on the battle, Gavin's attention lingers with their conversation.[break][break]

"You haven't told me what it does." Shadow Pokemon were each unique in their own right; no two were alike. "Sandslash, for example, its ice is... incredibly potent. It has a tendency to linger, to freeze even when it shouldn't be possible. Fascinating, really."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 0:18:20 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Katherine expects the Lucario to leap away from danger.

His escape doesn't come off as a surprise, and luckily, both Sableye and Metagross are prepared for it as well. The mega evolution had run its course now, and a much briefer flash of light occurs as the mighty crystal shield shrinks down and Sableye returns to her normal forme.

Nevertheless, they seek to take advantage of the fact that Lucario was repositioning. A second WILL O WISP is conjured, and the eerie blue orbs of fire trace after the steel-type with the intent of inflicting yet another burn.

"That's because I don't know, Gavin." She knew what it could do, but she had no idea what it meant. Where it could take others, what ruin it might bring. Playing with ghosts was risky. Playing with shadowfied ghost types, however, was straight-up idiotic. "I mean, would you believe me if I said I think he can reach hell? He can open... Portals. That's the only way I can describe it."

If someone was here to listen to their conversation, they'd either think that the two of them lost their minds or they were having a heated discussion about a SciFi movie.

Sableye's health is drained slowly by the fossil pokemon, but Metagross seeks to take advantage of the ongoing conversation and close the distance between himself and Cradily. Its arm glows with a golden shade before it's slammed against the plantlike pokemon, a flawless METEOR MASH executed within those decisive seconds.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 0:41:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Lucario lands, and wisps of flame assault it. It growls with the pain of the burn, then shifts its gaze to where the Metagross approaches its ally and lets out a sharp bark of warning. As if on cue with the sound, a scattering of LIFE DEW falls across the battlefield to settle on their wounds, soothe them. Spots of dew gleam in countless mirrors.[break][break]

Hit by the attack, Cradily recoils with a horrific gurgling sound.[break][break]

It spits again, TOXIC ooze seeking out the Sableye once it's lost its protective ability.[break][break]

"Portals? Really?" Gavin raises a brow. "That is something I would absolutely love to witness. I don't suppose you've experimented much with these portals? Placed anything, living or material, inside?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 16:30:16 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
The flames lick at both the Lucario and the Cradily, and Katherine knows that it now puts a timer on this fight. It's not just about strength anymore, no, stamina will be a decisive factor as well.

There isn't a shield to protect Sableye from the poison this time, and it lands true. However, it fails to slow down the ghost-type, who opts to play god and temper with the elements further. The flaming orbs are replaced with another ICY WIND that blows at both of her opponents. Metagross's focus doesn't shift either, and a METAL CLAW is aimed at the ingrained Cradily.

Drops of rains slip against its steel-like skin, leaving no stains.

"Are you crazy? It can suck me inside too, you know. I didn't try to put a camera there or whatever." Although she did wonder what it might manage to witness on the other side. "I guess I could throw it in, but I am not sure."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
house of spirits [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 20:19:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Cradily curls in on itself, PROTECTING its most sensitive parts from the frigid winds and sharpened claws. Though Lucario could have opted to go on the offensive while its opponents were attacking its ally, the steel-type focuses instead on maintaining the potency of the LIFE DEW. With toxins growing worse with each passing second, the Sableye would inevitably fall. Ice crystalizes around Lucario's limbs as the shimmering droplets soothe him.[break][break]

They just needed to keep themselves alive. It's a cruel strategy, nefarious as the burns that weaken Gavin's duo.[break][break]

"Probably." Gavin shrugs. His smile is reflected in so many mirrors, sharp and white. "You should bring it to the labs. We can play around with it in a controlled environment."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: man i am sorry abt gavin's heal/protect strat it's real lame

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay